Being a sweet tooth I’ve tried making the ‘clean pancakes’ for breakfast a couple of times, but they ALWAYS ended up so bland and dry and I never knew what I was doing wrong!!!
But.. I’ve finally figured out how to make ‘clean pancakes’ fluffy and delicious!!!! And it’s as easy as swapping your rolled oats for quinoa flakes (found in the healthy section of Coles or Safeway).
Unfortunately I didn’t take a photo, but here’s the recipe:
- Half a cup of quinoa flakes
- Half a cup of rolled oats
- 2-3 tablespoons of natvia/stevia (you can add more to make them sweeter)
- 2-3 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Blend quinoa flakes, rolled oats, sugar and baking power until combined
- Add egg whites, almond milk, cottage cheese and blend until it is of the right consistency
- Please note, you may need to add more milk to gain the right consistency
- Then fry the pancakes in a saucepan and you’re done!!
I also made my own strawberry jam to go with my pancakes (considering strawberries are so cheap at the moment) and all I did was put strawberries, a little water and nativa in a saucepan until it was at a jam consistency!