I felt like something sweet on the weekend and decided to make a ‘clean’ slice. I’ve never really made a clean dessert apart from clean banana muffins or pancakes, so I was a bit suspicious as to how it would turn out!
The recipe was so simple, and I could not believe how amazing it tasted!!! I’ve pasted the recipe below:
- 1 cup of unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2-1 cup of cocoa (or I used sugar free drinking chocolate)
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- Blend 1 cup of oats, 1 cup of walnuts and 1-2-1 cup of cocoa in a food processor until a crumb like texture is formed.
- While the blender is still running, add the dates one at a time to the mixture until everything is mixed in together.
- The mixture should now look like a damp cake mixture.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and spread into a baking tray, pressing firmly.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!